Sunday, August 26, 2012

From My Kitchen:
Most of you know that I love to cook.  Clean... not so much!  Recently I made two peaches and cream cobblers - one for Mrs. Corrie and the other for Mrs. Wells's birthday.  Mr. Gross and Mrs. Wells both asked for the recipe, so I have decided that every once in a while, I'll share a favorite on my blog. Here goes.  I hope you enjoy it.

Peaches and Cream Cobbler

3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup peach juice (from a large can of sliced peaches - heavy syrup of course)
1 egg
1 small package - instant vanilla pudding

Mix all the above ingredients with a hand mixer about 1 minute.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt a stick of butter in a 9X13 cake pan.

Pour the pudding mixture into the cake pan (on top of the melted butter).

Use a fork and place the sliced peaches (from the large can) on top of the pudding mixture.

Now, make the cream to add to the top.

8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring

Mix the 3 ingredients above with a hand mixer until it is creamy (not long).

Drop by teaspoon on top of the sliced peaches.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cobbler is barely firm.  Do not overcook it.

Serve immediately.  Place the remaining cobbler in the refrigerator.  Warm leftovers in the microwave for best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment